|
7 members (Gary E. Andrews, texritter, KyleCrawford, Guy E. Trepanier, Michael W. Brown, CTthomas, 1 invisible),
15,673
guests, and
5,499
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 411
Top 500 Poster
|
Top 500 Poster
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 411 |
Hi Val: This sounds real good! I do children's CDs and I usually send out a whole CD to the 50 or so radio stations (North America only) who have chilren's programming. It would sure be easier and more cost efficient to have them download the songs they want instead of sending them an actual CD. But finding out whether they'd prefer this might be a little time consuming for me. I'm in between CDs right now, but I'll consider it for the next one.
Something else I wanted to look into is receiving royalties for the radio play that I am getting. I receive SOCAN cheques for my 1st CD, but I haven't received anything for my 2nd CD yet. I have checked some of the playlists for some stations and have discovered that they are playing some of the material from my 2nd CD. Should I be contacting SOCAN to let them know which stations are playing my material, or would they be bothered enough to even look into it?
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,049
Posts1,185,698
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|