|
9 members (texritter, Sunset Poet, Fdemetrio, Gary E. Andrews, Michael W. Brown, bennash, Everett Adams, 2 invisible),
25,617
guests, and
5,867
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 115
Serious Contributor
|
OP
Serious Contributor
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 115 |
All those lies they say K Wayland
Tears in my eyes beer on my breath smoking a cigarette cause I'm all alone with memories I can't forget but absense makes the heart grow fonder or it will all wash away time heals all wounds and all those lies they say
chorus
all those lies they say just words of comfort to help me get over you I've heard them all not a single ones been true they come up with a new one about every other day and it just turns out to be another one of all those lies they say
you'll find the one for you there's lots of fish out in the sea they dont know what they're missing or somethings aren't meant to be every time I hear a new one I always hope and pray it's not just another one of all those lies they say
repeat chorus
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 10,240
Top 10 Poster
|
Top 10 Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 10,240 |
hi...I really like your hook....it's done smoothly imo.......I see some tightening I'd do....ex. verse 1 and 2, line 6...and few others but.. I liked this.
Kaley
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 2,232
Top 200 Poster
|
Top 200 Poster
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 2,232 |
Hello k, it's probably just me but I kept wanting to read "All Those Lies they TELL", but in any case, you've got a good hook and you've used it really well as the last line of each verse and then first line of the chorus. Have to agree with Wyman about the rhyme scheme variations. Definitely worth working on.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 115
Serious Contributor
|
OP
Serious Contributor
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 115 |
Thanks for the responses...kaley, wyman and judy.. I just found this board and did all of my writing about 8 years ago. And have basically quit till now. Unfortunate a singer friend of mine took my song book to put a few on her demo cd and we have since broken up and I cant get in touch with her to get it back, but I had about 30 lyrical poems and a bunch of hook ideas. I love to collaborate and would really like to get back into it. The two songs I have posted I dont feel are my best but they were the only ones I could still find. I like "all those lies they tell" it will take some rhyme changes though. I really didn't follow a scheme on this my melody is like a slow ballad. Thanks for the input. Kaley I went back and read a lot of your songs really good work Keith
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 2,232
Top 200 Poster
|
Top 200 Poster
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 2,232 |
Keith, bad luck that you've lost a lot of what you wrote years ago, but start again, keep reading everything here and you'll soon get lots of inspiration and lots of encouragement.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 10,240
Top 10 Poster
|
Top 10 Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 10,240 |
Keith...Thank you for the compliment on my writing......but let me tell you there are some SUPER talented writers here who have lots of experience, have had professionally done cuts....and have knowlege to back it up....I'se a newby..(not putting myself down...just stating facts) started writing my first words on paper April 30 of this year...(maybe I'd been storin them and didn't know it.....dunno) anyhooo......stay with us....watch, read listen ....... sorry about your writings. Just wait till next week...there will most probably be lots more posting....enjoy
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,096
Posts1,185,805
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|