|
7 members (Michael W. Brown, Fdemetrio, texritter, bennash, Sunset Poet, 2 invisible),
71,406
guests, and
6,087
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 31
Casual Observer
|
OP
Casual Observer
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 31 |
A fairly happy lyric from me today!!! So...what do you think?
(V1) You know it's hard Living in this world of mine And Lord it's hard Trying to find a song to sing that's mine And even though the road gets rough sometimes I'll turn to you when times get tough
(chorus) And I Know you are with me 'Cause I'm never alone You're there to hold me And when I am lost you lead me home The world is tired and cold and lonely And I'm reaching for a hand to hold me And there you are (there you are) And I'm never all alone
(V2) The world it's crazy Each day another struggle to survive The truth gets hazy And now I'm thinking all I know is lies But when I look to you I know I'll find The truth, the words between the lines
(Chorus)
(V3) I am surrounded By people who just want to live their lives The world is crowded But I have to scream to tell them I'm alive Because they look through me and never see That I might need some company
(Chorus)
(bridge) And there you are Right when I need you Never too far For me to reach you All I have to do is call on your name
(chorus)
(c)2002
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 986
Serious Contributor
|
Serious Contributor
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 986 |
Hi Trisha, You know when I first read this lyric I was thinking how sad that this world you are talking about is. So I read it again. Then I read it a third time. Then I realized that in your bridge you solved it all in the most simple and elegant way:
"And there you are Right when I need you Never too far For me to reach you All I have to do is call on your name"
These words are true and truth hits hard, like a ton of bricks. So I was happier after I understood( at least I think I do) what you were saying Great job, Rick
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,074
Posts1,185,765
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|