|
7 members (bennash, texritter, Michael W. Brown, CTthomas, Guy E. Trepanier, KyleCrawford, 1 invisible),
42,463
guests, and
5,504
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/29/26 02:00 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 219
Serious Contributor
|
OP
Serious Contributor
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 219 |
I don't know if the same thing is happening everywhere, but there seems to be a rebellion of sorts against the whole "holiday tree" phenomenon. In the interest of political correctness, a number of cities, towns and businesses have removed all references to Christmas from their collective lexicons and replaced it with things like " Happy Holidays" or Season's Tidings", and various other things. The mayor of one such town in my region has written an editorial for the local paper defending Christmas, and saying while it is good to be respectful of the multi-ethnic makeup of our society, there is no reason we can't celebrate Christmas openly, and say Merry Christmas to everyone, and have a Christmas Tree (not a "holiday tree"), as that is still the predominant religion in this part of the world. The response: A flood of complaints about how politically incorrect of him, as mayor to favour one religious group over another. This is a town of less than 10,000 people. I wish my Jewish Friends Happy Hannukah. I tell my Christian friends Merry Christmas. I tell my athiest friends to enjoy the holidays. Even the athiests and agnostics celebrate Christmas. I don't think Santa cares if you go to mass or not.... Grow up people!!!!! Have a family inspired, but non-confrontational, ethnically diverse, but non-denominational, politically correct seasonal celebration. _________________ ------------------ Terry Don't worry too much about life. You'll never get out alive. http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/terryfernihoughmusic.htm
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 219
Serious Contributor
|
OP
Serious Contributor
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 219 |
oops. I do know how to spell political. I goofed, and I don't know how to fix it. Oh well. Merry Christmas, or whatever.... ------------------ Terry Don't worry too much about life. You'll never get out alive. http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/terryfernihoughmusic.htm
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 2,401
Top 100 Poster
|
Top 100 Poster
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 2,401 |
Hey, I agree. I don't see why we can't celebrate Christmas. I'm absolutely in support of everyone celebrating the celebrations that are traditional and/or important to them. But don't take mine away from me! I have a Christmas tree, I send Christmas cards, and I'm a-gonna have Christmas Dinner on Christmas Day and open my Christmas gifts ![[Linked Image]](http://www.justplainfolks.org/ubb/smile.gif) And maybe watch Dicken's Christmas Carol while sipping some Christmas cheer! ![[Linked Image]](http://www.justplainfolks.org/ubb/smile.gif) Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it. If not, have a Happy Holiday season! cheers Hummin'bird ![[Linked Image]](http://www.justplainfolks.org/ubb/smile.gif) ------------------ Vikki Flawith, Canadian Singer/Songwriter & Voice Teacher This bird sings at: www.vikkiflawith.com Vikki on MySpace Hummingbird's Wise Bird's Blog The Shy Singer-Songwriter's Blog The Shy Singer-Songwriter's Newsletter
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 64
Serious Contributor
|
Serious Contributor
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 64 |
It's completely absurd. I don't knock Kwanzaaor anyother's holidays. I really don't get it. PC is another way to control people, and flaunt power. Bleeding hearts need a life.
myspace.com/jerryfoster
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 7,165 Likes: 29
Top 40 Poster
|
Top 40 Poster
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 7,165 Likes: 29 |
Jesus said,"when I return,will I find faith". Not if the powers to be have their way.While they are bending over backwards to not offend minority groups,they are offending all Christians, which is a majority on this continent.Businesses are being hypocritical when they will not acknowledge the one(Jesus)that this holiday is celebrating,while they rake in millions of dollars.They may deny Jesus into their personal life as their saviour but they have no right to deny others the right to speak His name in the season which we celebrate His birth.To deny Him privately is bad enough but to deny Him publically,is an offence to me and I am sure to most Christians.
Everett
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,052
Posts1,185,704
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|