|
7 members (Gary E. Andrews, texritter, bennash, Michael W. Brown, Guy E. Trepanier, CTthomas, 1 invisible),
40,746
guests, and
6,030
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 61
Serious Contributor
|
OP
Serious Contributor
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 61 |
It's been a while since I've checked this board but I see that it is still relatively inactive.
Those of you who received my last newsletter in June know that I had decided based on turn-out for that last meeting to re-evaluate the usefullness and need for monthly meetings.
The turn-out was dismal and those of us who were there agreed that there wasn't much point in continuing to try to hold meetings on a regular basis.
Last year, we had some great speakers who brought us valuable information on the various aspects of the industry but the turn-out became increasingly grim as the year wore on. So, regular meetings have been put on hold until there is so much clamour from members (besides Terry, who is happy to clamour away up there in Ottawa and who incidentally was more regular at meetings in Toronto than people who live in Toronto) that it is considered necessary to start up again.
Meanwhile, I will revive the newsletter, on a monthly basis, if anyone sends me items to include in it. It's hard to put out a newsletter when there is no news.
Anyway, Happy New Year! Valleri Sauro Toronto Co-Ordinator
Val
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 219
Serious Contributor
|
Serious Contributor
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 219 |
Dear Valleri: I think the newsletter is a great idea, to build and maintain interest in ressurrecting the Toronto chapter. I've been out of touch lately while the holiday season wreaked it's usual havoc upon my routine, but rest assured, I will be checking in often and participating whenever I can. Clamouring away as usual, ------------------ Terry Don't worry too much about life. You'll never get out alive. http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/terryfernihoughmusic.htm
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 20,016 Likes: 34
Top 10 Poster
|
Top 10 Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 20,016 Likes: 34 |
Terry,
Thanks for your support. Perhaps we should add a stop in Ottawa this year? We did briefly stop there on the last roadtrip but didn't have enough members to do a show.
Toronto, ironically, has never had less than 50 performers when we've come through there (we had 65 sign up last time). It's too bad we can't get them involved in the chapter, even if it is quarterly rather than monthly.
Brian
Brian Austin Whitney Founder Just Plain Folks jpfolkspro@gmail.com Skype: Brian Austin Whitney Facebook: www.facebook.com/justplainfolks"Don't sit around and wait for success to come to you... it doesn't know the way." -Brian Austin Whitney "It's easier to be the bigger man when you actually are..." -Brian Austin Whitney "Sometimes all you have to do to inspire humans to greatness is to give them a reason and opportunity to do something great." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 411
Top 500 Poster
|
Top 500 Poster
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 411 |
Vall: I was only able to attend one of your guest speaker/open stage evenings, and I thought it was a very educational and enjoyable evening out. Living up in Barrie, with 2 small children, it was very hard for me to make it down on a weeknight.
Any chance of moving them a little further North (like maybe Newmarket?), though I know you wouldn't consider doing that for just one person. I just wanted you to know that I think you did an awesome job organizing all those meetings. I wish I could have attended more.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 219
Serious Contributor
|
Serious Contributor
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 219 |
Boo! I'm back! Thanks for your kind words Brian, and you too Val. I will be starting my spring trips to the GTA soon, and would like to get involved again as well. Newmarket would not be a problem for me either, if my schedule brings me to the area anyway. Keep me posted on what's happening, and I'll attend if I can. Keep on keeping on. I look forward to seeing you. ------------------ Terry Don't worry too much about life. You'll never get out alive. http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/terryfernihoughmusic.htm
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 61
Serious Contributor
|
OP
Serious Contributor
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 61 |
Hey Russ and Terry. If I couldn't get them out to Richmond Hill, it's unlikely I could get them out to Newmarket.
I've had a couple of new people inquire but when I email them back, tell them where we're at and ask for ideas on how to rev things up here, no one has any ideas. So, status quo.
See ya.
Val
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 77
Serious Contributor
|
Serious Contributor
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 77 |
Seems like this is one of the busiest of these boards. The whole Candian board is fairly inactive For me Val it is a 90 minute trip one way to get to the meetings, so it makes it tough. Well, at the moment I am in Colorado.....so, it is real tough. Don't give up the ship, fall back regroup and keep it alive with the newsletters if nothing else. I will be back in June (there's a little news fer ya <S> ) Mo' ------------------ http://www.mokauffey.com
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,081
Posts1,185,775
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
There are no members with birthdays on this day. |
|
|
|