|
8 members (Sunset Poet, Gary E. Andrews, texritter, Michael W. Brown, Everett Adams, bennash, 2 invisible),
66,560
guests, and
5,648
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/29/26 02:00 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 62
Serious Contributor
|
OP
Serious Contributor
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 62 |
I'm reposting this one. Was a bad time to post the first time, boxing day. This is written to a sort of R@B/MOR tune.
copyright 2000
1) In a day or two girl, I'll start forgetting you Get you off my mind, I've got to try to Oh but now I'm gonna think about you All I can alone without you How you stole my heart, with your smile For a while I want to keep such memories of you
2) In a week or two, I'll face the world Got to make that move, without you girl I know that here and now I couldn't face it Now I won't be going places Safe at home is where you'll find me With your pictures to remind me How sweet, this world used to be
3) In a month or two, I'm gonna smile Girl I will somehow, if not in style Oh baby,I couldn't smile the way I feel now That would be too big a deal now I'm too blue and I'm too lonely Far too full of what if only's Missing you, through and through
4) In a year or two, I'll find another One to take your place, another lover Baby here today I just can't see it In my heart I can't believe it Your the one I want to hold beside me In my arms ever so tightly Baby all I want is you
Gary
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 10,240
Top 10 Poster
|
Top 10 Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 10,240 |
Hi Gary....I read your post the first time but didn't really feel real adequate in helpin you..but I'll give it a stab....and hopefully...someone else will follow up...
I think you have chosen a good universal theme we can relate to....but the trick or so I'm told is to give it a more positive ending, a followable rhyme scheme, and present it in a way.....that's different than the rest.
In verse one...many lines end with you. I do not feel comfortable giving you a rewrite...and this probably isnt very different or exciting...but I started it
I'll start forgetting you in maybe a day, or two I'm hurting here...alone no hugs, no ringing phones
hoping someone else will chime in and help here. Good luck...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 62
Serious Contributor
|
OP
Serious Contributor
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 62 |
Thanks Kaley I will come back on the points you raised. At the moment I'm using this reply to try and add a signature to this message.------------------ [img] http://www.gbgs.fsnet.co.uk/music.gif[/]
Gary
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 62
Serious Contributor
|
OP
Serious Contributor
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 62 |
Gary
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 62
Serious Contributor
|
OP
Serious Contributor
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 62 |
Hello Kaley
Thanks for looking at my lyric. I must admit I didn’t notice all the “you’s” in Verse 1. I can fix that. I admit the rhyme scheme is a bit haphazard, but so was the tune I was given. I just went with it the best I could. Thanks for suggested rewrite. Has given me some food for thought.
------------------ Gary
Gary
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,057
Posts1,185,713
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|