|
1 members (texritter),
1,685
guests, and
1,998
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,463
Top 20 Poster
|
Top 20 Poster
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,463 |
Magne "I want the Shure sound" you make it sound like Shure is the be all and end all when it comes to mics.
I have a moderately large collection of mics including many types, brands and model numbers. I do not think I have ever thrown away a mic that works...and just seem to keep buying new ones....adding to the collection. I have everything from the really expensive Neumann studio to really cheap unbranded dynamic and a couple of really old crystal mics.
I have learned a few things about mics over the years.
Every voice is different and some may be more suited to a different type or model of mic than others.
EQ can change dramatically how any mic sounds.
The type of song can alter how a mic sounds EG the same person singing a soft ballad or a harsh rock song can mean the mic EQ may need altered....or a different model of mic needed to bring out the best.
Each mic has its own characteristics. Two identical mics same make and model can sound slightlly different from each other.
The same mic in different venues can sound different. Depends on acoustics of the room and placement in different parts of the room in relation to beams, pillars, walls, other musicians, electrical equipment, speakers etc ALL can sound different.
The conclusion I have come to is that there is no "best" mic only the one that is best for a particular application and occasion given all I have said before. Whilst Shure are pretty good (I own a few Shure mics myself) I would not automatically buy one without checking out what other manufacturers have to offer.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,086
Posts1,185,786
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|