© 2000 Elizabeth Marquez
When His Memory Appears

(V1)
One less toothbrush in the holder
One less razor on the shelf
One too many pillows on the bed
Now that I’m here by myself
(C)
This house feels so empty
Without him here
All I hear are echoes
And only seeing shadows
When his memory appears
(V2)
Lots more room now in the closet
Lots more space in the garage
One too many coffee mugs are here
Now that he’s just a mirage
(C)
This house feels so empty
Without him here
All I hear are echoes
And only seeing shadows
When his memory appears
(B)
Seems so strange how life can change
In an instant he was gone
One day I’ll get over losing my best friend
To a drunk who hit him head on
(C)
(But for now)
This house feels so empty
Without him here
All I hear are echoes
And only seeing shadows
When his memory appears