|
6 members (texritter, bennash, Everett Adams, Gary E. Andrews, 2 invisible),
46,781
guests, and
6,049
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 219
Serious Contributor
|
OP
Serious Contributor
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 219 |
I wasn't really sure what to call this topic. I have an idea I'd like to toss out to anyone in Ontario. I'm a bass player, and as many of you know, I use the computer to record my demos and fake the other instruments with software. I'd like to see if there are enough of us around who play different instruments to put together an ongoing collective to make all of our demos more polished, without spending hundreds of dollars. For example, I could contribute a bass track to your demo in exchange for a smoking guitar track on mine, and we could both provide backing vocals for someone else who could help us with a keyboard part, etc. Sort of a "pay it forward" kind of idea. Some of us could meet in person to do these things, or if we are using compatible software (I use Cakewalk), even do it by e-mail or snail mail if it's a huge multitrack file. Does anyone else think this idea is workable. It seems to me yhat it can't be any worse than doing mail order demos from a service in Nashville. I look forward to hearing some opinions on this idea, or alternatives. You should see the discussion the computer question has provoked in the Songwriter Forum. Some very strong opinions indeed. By the way, if it's by e-mail, there is no reason to limit this to Ontario. Vikki, ECA333 or whatever your real name is, you are welcome to contribute to the discussion or take part in whatever experiment we decide to try. I eagerly await your feedback. ------------------ Terry Don't worry too much about life. You'll never get out alive. http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/terryfernihoughmusic.htm [This message has been edited by Terry Fernihough (edited 08-13-2005).]
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,097
Posts1,185,816
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"Sharing in your success is the payback to those who shared in your failure." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|