I was'nt going to get in to this debate.
I just had to state how it amazes me that someone can pitch something on the net and not even take the care or research for what they are pitching.
I could do a better design and fluke people out more with a free site.
I am not even educated or good with grammer.
If I were to pitch something there is an interesting book I found called the dictionary.
There are scammers I have encountered that have done it better and at least have an ounce of people skills.
I must assume from the unprofessional manner displayed by this alleged col. that he (or them) are nothing more than 13 year old brats whose parents are allowing too much time around a computer. And they probably frequent sites like this thinking that the military people here will give them some kind of instantaneous respect for using military titles.
Furthermore, if biggeted posts were made in a respectable site, the administrator would throw the members ass out about as quickly as a bouncer would in a road side dive.
And finally, if anyone is that desperate to get heard, there are all kinds of free mp3 sites.
There are even dj's with stations all over the world that would be very eager to have something fresh to play if you search the sites enough. They even have some good, legitimate connections.
And they don't charge anything to play you.
College radio helped launch REM in to the mainstream. A post talked of college radio like it's a joke, but at least they have a proven track record.
There are also sites like SoundClick and cd baby that offer promos and distribution for fairly cheap.
At least if the stations don't play you and the cd's don't sell you are not out thousands of dollars, and it's a start.
There are all kinds of ways to market yourself without throwng away money to nincompacts that talk like brats.

I came to this site like many other members trying to find out about a fraud (Statue Records). This makes them look like geniuses.
Maybe the professional as hell attitude here is too much for me at times and I have disdain for "what's corporate". But people like that are the last ones you are going to fool. Especially if they are musicians trying to earn a buck.

Anyone that thinks people here are really that stupid may as well move on.
Or stay for that matter.
It is more funny than comedy central.
Especially since the author(s) of this thread are actually serious about it.

Bless all that keep reminding us and I can only pray for the souls of such low lives.


Matt

[This message has been edited by My Name? (edited 10-28-2005).]