Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,025 Likes: 100
Top 200 Poster
|
Top 200 Poster
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,025 Likes: 100 |
Rob that chorus is seriously killer!!! Did you write that in one day???? wtf? It times as 3:44 so might need to take out the breaks or pre-chorus. not sure. I'm gonna live with it overnight and reread the lyrics but man that melody on the chorus is great too! (did you write that?) Yeah — once I have a clear idea in my head, things sometimes come together pretty fast. In my first post in this thread I was really just trying to nail down what you were going after thematically. At first I felt a little like Bill, rowing someone across the river — once you explained it, though, the message clicked. That first post took me a while to write, but it was worth it because that’s where the line “yeah… that’s how life works” came from, which ended up becoming the title and the anchor for the whole song. Once you confirmed I was on the right track, the lyrics came together pretty quickly. I know you tend to spend a lot of time tweaking lines — I’m kind of the opposite. I usually write it down, live with it briefly, and then move on. So I appreciate you pointing out a few weak spots — honestly, if there are only a couple, that usually tells me the song’s in pretty good shape. Originally the chorus was longer and the pre-chorus was twice as long too, so it’s already been trimmed a lot. I’m leaning toward dropping the pre-chorus entirely now, but I need to see how that plays with the melody Suno came up with — I really like what it did here. And thanks — glad the chorus and melody are landing for you.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,064
Posts1,185,735
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"Sometimes reaching a goal earlier than planned is a great achievement. It shows you have worked hard, pushed ahead and made it happen. However, sometimes reaching a goal far past your original deadline, long after you wanted to complete it, and after the accolades you might once have gotten for the achievement are over, it is an even greater achievement. This shows you never gave up, due to adversity, deficit, criticism and those little life detours that end many dreams and goals. In many ways, this is a reason for even more pride!" -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
There are no members with birthdays on this day. |
|
|
|