Unfortunately, there was a pretty major bug that you won't be able to recover from for this month. The OurStage code was not properly registering withdrawn items as actually withdrawn, so even if people only had one ACTUAL song in the contest, if they had initially entered more (before the month even started), they were registered as still having those songs entered. Sure, we can re-enter our songs, but we've lost our rankings.

Some friendly advice... and believe me, I know how hard it is to run a large site... run a LOCAL copy of the OurStage site somewhere. Test out any sweeping changes offline first, so you can catch bugs before doing it a live situation. Alternatively, keep backups of the site at regularly intervals, so that if some big mistake happens (like it did yesterday), you can restore to the last good version of the site, fix the bum code, and re-run the change.

You guys are doing a great job overall, and the system has been remarkably bug-free, from my observation. Just trying to help.

Last edited by Andrew Aversa; 05/09/08 05:29 PM.

http://www.zirconmusic.com/ - Award-winning music/albums for video games, film and TV!

Impact Soundworks - Cutting-edge sample libraries for Kontakt