|
8 members (texritter, Gary E. Andrews, KyleCrawford, Michael W. Brown, bennash, Guy E. Trepanier, CTthomas, 1 invisible),
24,123
guests, and
5,614
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 70
Serious Contributor
|
OP
Serious Contributor
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 70 |
This is a song that stemmed from yet another friend fighting Breast Cancer...I wanted it to be a love story to reflect, what 'strong marriages , relationships , have showed me..
"Blessed with Pink Ribbons" (C)2002 Debbie Iammarino/ Jackie Cook
she said"I know you've been wishing for little footballs and fishing poles" opening up her hand she asked, "Do they come in pink, like these ribbons and bows?" he pulled her close to him smiling, Thinking of a little girl, bouncing on his knee, she whispered softly.."Can you see her?" "Close your eyes,.. tell me what you see" And he said...
"I see your chestnut hair with pink ribbons, done up in bows, that sweet smile of your, that sends me to Heaven, when I'm feeling low, But thats as far as my tears will let me see, I thank God for your love, Blessed with pink ribbons... for you and me.
she came into their life bringing , her sugar kisses and pattycake. One day he said to his wife, "No matter what comes, there's nothing we can't face" Then she found that lump near her heart... Later, for the first time by the mirror, she cried, "I'm not me" He held her ,.. looking in her eyes.. and then he said..."I'll tell you what I see"
"I see your chestnut hair with pink ribbon, Done up in bows, that sweet smile of yours, that sends me to Heaven, when I'm feeling low... And you standing there is what matters most to me, I thank God for your love, Blessed with pink ribbons, Blessed with Pink Ribbons, Yes.., Blessed with Pink Ribbons..for you and me
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 105
Serious Contributor
|
Serious Contributor
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 105 |
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by debdeb: This is a song that stemmed from yet another friend fighting Breast Cancer...I wanted it to be a love story to reflect, what 'strong marriages , relationships , have showed me..
"Blessed with Pink Ribbons" (C)2002 Debbie Iammarino/ Jackie Cook
she said"I know you've been wishing for little footballs and fishing poles" opening up her hand she asked, "Do they come in pink, like these ribbons and bows?" he pulled her close to him smiling, Thinking of a little girl, bouncing on his knee, she whispered softly.."Can you see her?" "Close your eyes,.. tell me what you see" And he said...
"I see your chestnut hair with pink ribbons, done up in bows, that sweet smile of your, that sends me to Heaven, when I'm feeling low, But thats as far as my tears will let me see, I thank God for your love, Blessed with pink ribbons... for you and me.
she came into their life bringing , her sugar kisses and pattycake. One day he said to his wife, "No matter what comes, there's nothing we can't face" Then she found that lump near her heart... Later, for the first time by the mirror, she cried, "I'm not me" He held her ,.. looking in her eyes.. and then he said..."I'll tell you what I see"
"I see your chestnut hair with pink ribbon, Done up in bows, that sweet smile of yours, that sends me to Heaven, when I'm feeling low... And you standing there is what matters most to me, I thank God for your love, Blessed with pink ribbons, Blessed with Pink Ribbons, Yes.., Blessed with Pink Ribbons..for you and me</font> Greetings, Debbie: A touching lyrical piece, handled quite sensitively. I think the lyrics that spring from within due to personal experience or beliefs are the strongest and most definitive proof of a heart in touch with the lives around it. Keep up the good work, and the prayers for those in need. Sincerely, David Van Kleeck ------------------ David Van Kleeck davidvankleeck@vankleeck.com http://www.soundclick.com/bands/crosstown.htm
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 70
Serious Contributor
|
OP
Serious Contributor
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 70 |
David, Thank you so much for your sweet words.. This one means alot to me, and I worked hard on it.. and, I tried.. ..Thanks again, and, I am going to check out your Mp3 site here later today!! Can't wait ![[Linked Image]](http://www.justplainfolks.org/ubb/smile.gif) Debbie
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,051
Posts1,185,700
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|