Hi Folks,

The political scene is humming along here in Indiana as we have our first relevent primary for either party probably ever.. and certainly in memory. We're getting calls from pollsters every day now and it's kind of fun messing around with them. It's also interesting to here how nasty they've been against the other candidate. Shocking actually. If someone from the other party said those things people would throw a fit.

So far we've found some surprising results from early screening in the awards process. Rock led the way which is to be expected, but following in second place was.... Instrumental Jazz... I've never heard so much instrumental jazz and we're only 10% of the way done with the first round screening. That is followed by Male Singer-Songwriter, Rap, Country, Blues, Female Singer-Songwriter, Vocal Jazz, R&B, Electronic, New Age, Contemporary Christian, Children's, Gospel, New Folk, Americana and Ambient. So far we have over 90 genres and we might reach 100 before we're done. We have music from well over 100 countries and in more languages than I can even identify.

We've seen some surprising famous names sprinkled throughout, but I am not going to say who they are as some didn't even make it past round 1. Overall we're keeping more into Round 2 than we have in previous years, but it's possible that will change since we're so early on in the process still.

I do know.. it's going to be a LONG year!

Brian

Brian Austin Whitney
Founder
Just Plain Folks
jpfolkspro@gmail.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/justplainfolks

"Don't sit around and wait for success to come to you... it doesn't know the way." -Brian Austin Whitney

"It's easier to be the bigger man when you actually are..." -Brian Austin Whitney

"Sometimes all you have to do to inspire humans to greatness is to give them a reason and opportunity to do something great." -Brian Austin Whitney