Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,831
Top 30 Poster
|
Top 30 Poster
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,831 |
Colin, old stud:
You must have missed my point. I'm not an entertainer. I'm a songwriter. I sing because I can't afford to waste my money on having songs demoed by others. I want people with real talent to sing my songs. Hoagy Carmichael sang and sometimes performed but his main goal was the same as mine. I understand what living out of a suitcase is like... and it's not for me. IMHO, I sing nearly as well as you... but I don't enjoy it. I enjoy writing songs.
Make no bones about it... I wish you all the success in the world if performing is something you want to do. I'm hoping someday to hear your music and songs all over the radio dial and in Carnegie Hall. Then maybe, I'll be able to tell my old geezer friends, "Hey, I knew that guy back when he hung out at JPF." I'd rather be on the veranda, mint julip in hand, with that old radio entertaining me... or writing a song.
Best wishes,
Dave
Last edited by Dave Rice; 05/09/12 02:40 AM.
|
|
|
|
Entire Thread
|
Sunday, May 6th, 2012
|
Brian Austin Whitney
|
05/06/12 04:32 PM
|
Re: Sunday, May 6th, 2012
|
John Lawrence Schick
|
05/06/12 05:20 PM
|
Re: Sunday, May 6th, 2012
|
Brian Austin Whitney
|
05/06/12 05:35 PM
|
Re: Sunday, May 6th, 2012
|
Colin Ward
|
05/06/12 11:10 PM
|
Re: Sunday, May 6th, 2012
|
niteshift (D)
|
05/07/12 06:29 PM
|
Re: Sunday, May 6th, 2012
|
Brian Austin Whitney
|
05/07/12 11:14 PM
|
Re: Sunday, May 6th, 2012
|
Colin Ward
|
05/08/12 04:37 AM
|
Re: Sunday, May 6th, 2012
|
Doug Barnett
|
05/08/12 06:17 PM
|
Re: Sunday, May 6th, 2012
|
Dave Rice (D)
|
05/09/12 04:59 AM
|
Re: Sunday, May 6th, 2012
|
Brian Austin Whitney
|
05/09/12 08:02 AM
|
Re: Sunday, May 6th, 2012
|
Colin Ward
|
05/10/12 12:12 AM
|
Re: Sunday, May 6th, 2012
|
Rick Heenan
|
05/21/12 10:07 PM
|
Re: Sunday, May 6th, 2012
|
Brian Austin Whitney
|
05/25/12 12:17 PM
|
Re: Sunday, May 6th, 2012
|
Colin Ward
|
05/06/12 05:41 PM
|
Re: Sunday, May 6th, 2012
|
Kevin Emmrich
|
05/06/12 07:31 PM
|
Re: Sunday, May 6th, 2012
|
Dave Rice (D)
|
05/06/12 10:05 PM
|
Re: Sunday, May 6th, 2012
|
scottandrew
|
05/06/12 10:55 PM
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,051
Posts1,185,700
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|