thank you both.

Jim. As you know I have tried a few things to see if I can solve the problem from here and so far nothing seems to work.

I can see your point in purchasing a second hand computer and I just might have to save up where I can to purchase a new machine.

Do you or do you not agree with option 1, using my existing hard drive or purchasing a new one along with an OS (Windows 7 HP for example) and either doing the install myself (as long as there are no glitches that can throw me off.I can be thrown off quite easily with these machines)and installing it on this laptop OR paying a tech to do it? (I got it to boot up and as long as I keep it busy there is no problem it is when I leave it idle is when it goes to black and eventually turns itself off.)

And since I have your attention, assuming you see this again. Could the problem be a HD issue or something else all together? (Think I just answered myself and I am going to have to bring it somehwhere and get them to take a look at it.)




"Is this a practice? They are all practices." John Denver

www.soundclick.com/dougmurphy