|
8 members (texritter, bennash, Raymond Byabazaire, Kay-lynn Carew, KyleCrawford, Everett Adams, Michael W. Brown, 1 invisible),
86,699
guests, and
5,638
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,339 Likes: 6
Top 40 Poster
|
OP
Top 40 Poster
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,339 Likes: 6 |
I am having a "bootup" problem with my computer. Others, from the General Message Forum, have been trying to help but so far nothing has.
What I am asking here is for your opinions on the following:
1. can I purchase or use an existing hard drive I have, along with a new OS and have that installed onto my current laptop? (Given that the bootup problem is a HD issue and not somewhere within the guts of my computer).
2. should I purchase the second hand commputer I have my eyes on? (Specs below)
3. or, if I can swing it, purchase a new computer.
I am hoping that number 1 is do able and depending on the cost it would be that or number two.
This is the second hand computer I am considering.
Toshiba Tecra A6 Centrino Duo 1.6 Ghz #pu-0079 Technical Characteristics:•Processor:Intel Centrino Duo T2300 1.6 Ghz •Chipset:Intel i945PM •RAM:1 Gb DDR2 •Maximum RAM:4 Gb •Memory slots:2 •Internal hard disk drive:80 Gb •Hard disk drive speed:5400 RPM •Optical disk drive:CD/DVD Writer •Video:ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 •Video memory:256 Mb •Display size:14.1'' ( 1280 X 800 ) •Wireless Technologies:Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG •Network interface:Intel PRO/1000 PL •Audio:Realtek ALC861 •Modem 56k:Toshiba Modem •USB ports:4 •Firewire:1 X Mini FireWire •Card-reader:SD/XD/MS •Expansion slots:1 X PCMCIA •External I/O ports:Svideo, VGA, Mic in, Audio Out •Power Features:6 cells battery •Weight:4.98 lbs •Dimensions (w x d x h):13.5x9.5x1.17/1.5 •Operating system installed:Windows XP Professional
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,063
Posts1,185,731
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|