You also asked for feedback on improving the sound.

There's quite a bit of hiss in the background. Not sure if that's because of the place where you recorded it or the technology. Perhaps you could specify the gear that you used - primarily the make/model of the audio interface (soundcard) and the software involved.

I noticed a pop/click around 0:45, which sounded rather like the sort of thing you can get when the buffer settings of the audio interface aren't quite right. If you find you're picking up those kind of noises fairly regularly, try experimenting with the buffer settings. There's no 'correct' setting that can be advised in advance, though, because each computer is different and the particular software being used may affect it too. It's just a case of trial and error.

Keeping the computer connected to the internet while doing audio work can also cause that kind of problem. Best to disconnect or disable your connection while recording and mixing. Also make sure that any software you're not actually using for the recording project is closed. Instant messengers and suchlike, popping up to demand attention, can cause that problem too. And there may be a setting to disable your anti-virus/firewall software while working on audio projects. On the BitDefender anti-virus program that I use there's a 'gaming mode', intended to optimise the machine for playing games, but it also helps to reduce the activity of the program while you're recording, thereby reducing the likelihood of pops and similar.

It's a good idea to edit the track in order to get rid of the shuffling around at the start (and at the end too). I don't know what software you've got, but a freeware program like Audacity can do that. Just block-highlight the part of the wave immediately before the music starts and 'mute' it. If the appearance of the instruments seems too sudden, apply a brief fade-in there and it will be subtler (I mean for a fraction of a second, not an elongated gradual start to the song).

Steve Cooke
Stockton-on-Tees, UK
http://wwww.soundcloud.com/stevecooke