Big Jim and John are right (and, strangely enough, John, I understood you smile ).

So now that you've sung the scale in C a bit, it's time to learn a hamonized scale. Play these chords on the guitar in C (if you don't know them, learn them)

Cmajor Dminor Eminor Fmajor Gmajor Aminor G7 Cmajor

Now, strictly speaking, the G7 should really be a Bdiminished, but not a fully diminished seven, but save that for later and just use the G7.

Those are the do chord, the re chord, the mi chord and so on. When you get good playing them, try singing do re mi with them...do with the do chord (Cmajor), re with the re chord (Dminor) and etc. After you've done that, post back and we'll continue.

All the Best,
Mike


You've got to know your limitations. I don't know what your limitations are. I found out what mine were when I was twelve. I found out that there weren't too many limitations, if I did it my way. -Johnny Cash

It's only music.
-niteshift

Mike Dunbar Music