A little fun with Buddy Brock and Zach Turner`s "Watermelon Crawl"

© DANOLYRICS 2002

"Piney River Crawl"

I was driving south a Nashville on June 13,
On a day hot enough to make the devil scream,
I saw a homemade sign it was written in red,
Hickman County Piney River Picnic Ahead,

This was the place I wanted so I slowed down,
Took a two lane road to a one Dawg town,
There was a party going on when I got there,
I heard a welcome speech from a guitar player.

He said we got a hundred gallons of homemade brew,
Down in the river keeping cold for you,
Help yourself to some but obey the law,
If you drink don`t drive do the Piney River Crawl.

When the band started playing Mountain Mama said,
Let me show ya something make ya shake your head,
She grabbed me by the arm said come on let`s go,
She dipped down spun around doe-see-doed,

She rocked back on her heels dropped down to her knees,
Crawled across the floor then she jumped back on her feet,
She wiggled and she giggled beat all you ever saw,
Said this is how you do the Piney River Crawl.

She said we got a hundred gallons of homemade brew,
Down in the river keeping cold for you,
Help yourself to some but obey the law,
If you drink don`t drive do the Piney River Crawl.

Well, if you`re ever near Nashville round about mid-June,
If you ain`t in a hurry visit you know who,
I can guarantee that you`re gonna have a ball,
Learning how to do the Piney River Crawl.

Dawg`s got a hundred gallons of homemade brew,
Down in the river keeping cold for you,
Help yourself to some but obey the law,
If you drink don`t drive do the Piney River Crawl.

Do the Piney River Crawl,
Have fun you all,
Do the Piney River Crawl.