"What Love Is Not" copyright January 18, 2026 by Kay Lyn-Carew

(Verse I)
You're not looking for a lover, just a night out, on your own.
You will soon discover, you're never, out alone.
May I have this dance? Come on. What's the harm?
Let me, stop this talkin', and take you, in my arms!

(CHORUS)
Tell me, are you married ?
Does your husband know?
Is he waiting home for you?
Do you have to go?
I know, you've been hurting.
I know, it hurts a lot!
You never know, what love is,
'til you know, What Love Is Not!

(Verse II)
Love's not slamming doors. Love's not pickin' fights.
Love's not sleeping alone, together, ni-i-ght after night.
Love's not holding you close, not trusting you, out of my sight!
Love's not all you say is wrong, if it hurts his pride!

Tell me, are you married ?
Does your husband know?
Is he waiting home for you?
Do you have to go?
I know, you've been hurting.
I know, it hurts a lot!
You never know, what love is,
'til you know, What Love Is Not!

(Coda)
You never know, what love is,
'til you know, What Love Is Not!

Last edited by Gary E. Andrews; 01/20/26 02:59 AM.

There will always be another song to be written. Someone will write it. Why not you? www.garyeandrews.com