|
7 members (texritter, Guy E. Trepanier, Everett Adams, Michael W. Brown, Gary E. Andrews, KyleCrawford, 1 invisible),
67,761
guests, and
6,019
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,389 Likes: 26
Top 200 Poster
|
Top 200 Poster
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,389 Likes: 26 |
ok, lots of good stuff to work with here, I just edited out some filler words. For some reason , not sure why, maybe I heard it in a songwriting class or maybe I just figure out that using the word "I" is just not that powerful because then it feels like the song is centered on you instead of the listener. Or I could just be crazy.....LOL
Blue-Collar Blues
they closed the factory down tore the heart from this town the union in their pocket, the deck was stacked watched our jobs move on down the tracks
I worked the night shift for thirty-odd years Now most nights you’ll find me here My life went south when I lost my home Cos last month the Union Bank foreclosed
Chorus: I got working man’s in my veins That drives this heart within me And I gave my sweat to the job I lost For all the good it did me nothing worth a damn to show for it And nothing much left to lose Just one more man left behind In the land of blue-collar blues
Yeah my wife left when I started drinkin’ In a dark place with too much time for thinkin’<<<<great line Tryin’ to drown out all the voices in my head And find a reason to get out of bed
"It Mattered to THAT One"
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,067
Posts1,185,738
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"Sometimes reaching a goal earlier than planned is a great achievement. It shows you have worked hard, pushed ahead and made it happen. However, sometimes reaching a goal far past your original deadline, long after you wanted to complete it, and after the accolades you might once have gotten for the achievement are over, it is an even greater achievement. This shows you never gave up, due to adversity, deficit, criticism and those little life detours that end many dreams and goals. In many ways, this is a reason for even more pride!" -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|