|
6 members (bennash, Everett Adams, Gary E. Andrews, texritter, Michael W. Brown, 1 invisible),
44,451
guests, and
6,048
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,035 Likes: 100
Top 200 Poster
|
OP
Top 200 Poster
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,035 Likes: 100 |
In the General Message Forum there is a thread named "Aging rockers bickering". There, I found a quote from Tony (JAPOV): "I'm two hours from Nashville but can't afford the gas". That quote immediately got stuck in my head and I started jotting down lyrics of a song. I posted the song in that thread but I assume, like me, not everybody reads all the posts in all the different forums here. Therefore I'm posting it here once again. The song is called "Two hours from Nashville". Thank you Tony for the hook line. I used Suno for the music.
Update: I wasn't aware of the fact that the hook line that I used was actually the hook line and title of a song Tony had written 15 years ago. His original song is too close to what i came up with. I had never heard his song before but the lyrics and the melodies are very similar. I apologize. It wasn't my intention to make a close copy of Tony's song. Therefore, I'm taking this one off the board.
Two Hours From Nashville
[Verse] Got a six-string in the backseat, an old amp in the trunk This beat-up car is my chariot, though it smells like sweat and junk I’ve been playing dive bars for quarters, dreaming ‘bout the Opry stage Tonight, it’s another smokey room where the tips don’t match the wage
[Pre-chorus] The radio plays a country tune, and I sing along in my head A little voice says, “Keep driving,” but my wallet says, “Stay instead”
[Chorus] I’m two hours from Nashville and can’t afford the gas A tank full of dreams but the money’s running out fast I’ve got the heart, I’ve got the songs, but the road’s too long to pass I’m two hours from Nashville and can’t afford the gas
[Verse] Every mile marker feels like a tease, so close yet so far A skyline of promises that’s just out of reach for this guitar I’ve written songs about heartache, and now I’m living one tonight ‘Cause the only thing between me and my dream is a needle stuck on “E” light
[Pre-chorus] The radio plays a country tune, and I sing along in my head A little voice says, “Keep driving,” but my wallet says, “Stay instead”
[Chorus] I’m two hours from Nashville and can’t afford the gas A tank full of dreams but the money’s running out fast I’ve got the heart, I’ve got the songs, but the road’s too long to pass I’m two hours from Nashville and can’t afford the gas
[Bridge] Someday I’ll make it, I’ll play those hallowed halls The crowd will sing along to my story, the rise after the falls Tonight I’ll strum my guitar, in a nowhere-town café Knowing every note I play is one step closer to that day
[Chorus] I’m two hours from Nashville and can’t afford the gas A tank full of dreams but the money’s running out fast I’ve got the heart, I’ve got the songs, but the road’s too long to pass I’m two hours from Nashville and can’t afford the gas
[Outro] So I’ll sing to the stars and the moonlight on this highway Hoping they’ll guide me, or at least keep the doubt at bay I’m two hours from Nashville, but it’s not the end of my path ‘Cause someday I’ll make it—who needs gas when you’ve got the last laugh? I’m two hours from Nashville and can’t afford the gas
Last edited by Rob B.; 02/07/25 01:09 AM.
|
|
3 members like this:
Bill Draper, Guy E. Trepanier, JAPOV |
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,097
Posts1,185,816
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"Sharing in your success is the payback to those who shared in your failure." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|