|
5 members (Gary E. Andrews, Guy E. Trepanier, texritter, Michael W. Brown, 1 invisible),
40,204
guests, and
5,884
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 4,001
Top 100 Poster
|
Top 100 Poster
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 4,001 |
I have a Mac OS 10.5.8. I need a Kontakt 5.3 Player with specs for OS 10.6 or higher. Is there a possibility my OS will be compatible with this. And... can I do any harm by installing it to test it out? I have both Kontakt 2 & 4 at present, but I need the higher version for new samples. Thanks for any help, John  No, if it requires 10.6 - you will need 10.6. There's no real workaround for that. The question becomes, is your Mac capable of running 10.6? If so, that was a nice stable OS and it would behoove you to update. Especially since that was about 5 or more years ago now that macOS is up to 10.12. And Apple doesn't really tell you before hand if old software is still going to be compatible with any OS. That's where you'll need to read up on your software notices.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,099
Posts1,185,823
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"First came if only? Then came what if? After that I'll bet. Next was just maybe. Followed by Aha, I thought so! And eventually, okay, what next!" -Brian Austin Whitney on the stages of creativity and Just Plain Folks.
|
|
|
|