Hi Gang:

I had to go back to the top of this thread to be certain Jody had caused all this consternation. LOL! To his point, I received another E-Zine from ASCAP with an article proclaiming "The CD is Alive and Well!" (Sorry, I don't keep them so I can't repeat the exact title... but this is "close enough" for our purposes.) What to believe, these days??? One thing is certain... the Russians had nothing to do with the way I voted in the last Presidential election. It was only a choice between what appeared to be the lesser threat of two really bad candidates.

I'm so sick and tired of all these phony narratives coming out of NYC and DC... from the media, eager to grasp any story that might stir the pot and assure failure for our country. What I'd give to have Edward R. Murrow sitting in front of a desk with a microphone, reading from a list of news... real news... from all around the nation... and from all around the world. No opinions... just items for us to consider and decide for ourselves. We are probably the most mis-informed Nation on earth.

As the tone and nature of the thread began to change... it's obvious that many of you believe nobody has a chance of success whether it happens to be a song, a novel or a short story. I don't recall anybody mentioning works of art... but maybe that too. Fool that I am, I am glad there are additional fools willing to put forth the effort to at least try. What if Harper Lee was afraid to attempt to get "To Kill a Mockingbird" published?

Since it's Memorial Day... I'd like to express my gratitude to all our Military People who "gave their all" so we can enjoy life, write that novel... and vote for the candidate of our choosing.

My regards to each of you,

----Dave