Originally Posted by TamsNumber4
Fdemetrio,

With all due respect, I started that thread about Ben Willis but it doesn't prove anything. At the time, I had been away from this site doing 50/90 (write 50 songs in 90 days) where you will find a fair share of JPF folk as well as in February during FAWM, these songwriting competitions take all of your time. It had just ended and I checked on my friends, I noticed he hadn't posted an update on Facebook and I then came here to see if anyone has heard from him, he has an eye issue and I expect his family and close friends on FB to be posting about him. Even Brian has an active JPF Facebook page and I have been transferring his posts into JPF this week so that everyone can see his health updates.

The point is..no one is posting songs for comment on Facebook. No one is posting unfinished lyrics on Facebook. The population here ebbs and flows. Joice used to be here all of the time, but had to withdraw herself to learn covers and start performing and making money. I have done the same, I have learned a lot here and always return, but admit that running open mics, running a songwriting group, keeping up my multiple music sites and websites, memorizing music, practice all detracts from songwriting, so going into intense songwriting competitions is a good way to keep things going. Music can take a lot of your time. Facebook is a good way to keep in touch with people, but it isn't a music site like this.

Members here need to "RECRUIT" people. I am always telling people about this site and how they can get help here. New blood and good moderating could boost this site. Also, some new ideas to attract the old members back.

Looking for reasons on why things are the way they are instead of focusing on positive change is a waste of time. Remember why things were good, why things worked and what can be done to rejuvenate the site. It is the constant negative talk and lack of good moderating, kindness and respect that is problematic. There are good people here, we are a musical family.

In all due respect back Tams, I didnt start the thread(fire), another disgruntled member did. So much of this answers his concerns.

I agree, it is a music site, but I think thats what alot of the postings have been about, how much music is getting in there with all the other stuff. And I agree, that is what makes this different, but Id still stand by my statement that facebook hurt JPF membership quite a bit. At least the everyday postings.

Either way, people fill their time on either site, because its boring staring at the four walls.

I wish it was all about music and songwriting but it's not.

Last edited by Fdemetrio; 10/11/19 12:56 PM.