Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,303 Likes: 1
Top 100 Poster
|
OP
Top 100 Poster
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,303 Likes: 1 |
Hi folks friends. Thought I would keep this post updated. It was 2 months ago that the publisher/record company first showed an interest and I started this topic. I received the paperwork two weeks ago and after having it read by a legal person, I returned it with 2 amendments that I felt were important to us. They agreed to the changes and the documents were finalised yesterday. Now myself and Helen and Glynda are officially published and are a part of the publishers catalogue. (for better or for worse). We have a co publishing non-exclusive deal for 1 year with 3 years renewable and get out options for both parties. I really hope that something good comes out of it, so would appreciate positive thoughts from all. As I am sure Helen and Glynda would. Thanks again to all who posted congrats first time round. God Bless Roy and Helen and Glynda. ------------- original post ---------- Well we got 9 songs published. The deal is done, just waiting on the paperwork. --------------- Helen"Billy" Roy"Daddy Was A Good Man" "Don't Forget My Name" "Grandpa's Gift To Me" "Follow In My Footsteps" "Where The Devil Lurked" Roy and Glynda"Jackson Kelly BEFORE he Died" "Jackson Kelly AFTER he Died" "Junkyard Paradise" ------------- I can’t give names yet but will do so when the time is right. I found the publisher/record company on the Internet after research and emailed one of the top guys there to ask permission to send some songs. After 2 weeks of back and forth emails, I was asked to call him direct on his phone at a specific time. We spoke on the phone for 2 hours about me, my co-writers, our plans and our hopes and I was asked me to send him a few songs. I sent him 30 songs (yeh I know toooo many). After about a month the company let me know they wanted to publish 9 of the songs to start with ----- quote ------We would like to pitch these and hopefully we'll get some artists interested in some of these songs. Our hope is that we can find a home for these within 12 months time. We can work on a co-publishing arrangement on all or on a song by song basis.
Thanks again for contacting ?????????. We look forward to having your songs picked up and a long relationship.----- unquote ----No money asked for and no fees. Just enthusiasm from them. reading this article from TAxi.. it seems that co-publishing is the best deal to hope for. http://www.taxi.com/music-business-faq/publishing/co-pub-agree-1.htmlThey also have their own record company with quite a few groups/artistes on their label. They have been going for over 50 years. A real nice group of people and it feels so good to have someone in the right place working on our behalf’s. ------------------I mention the following NOT as a moan but to show that we must all never give up.Just two weeks ago, I joined NSAI and was told in two critiques that two of the songs selected by the publisher were not really commercial, in the opinion of the person doing the critiques. I have often had others say the same thing on forums I have posted on. JPF is the exception, where I have always been encouraged and YES nurtured to a degree. I know that some of my stuff does not follow the rules that are thrown about, too long, no hooks (in some) etc etc. NOT RADIO SUITED, but I guess someone loves them. ------------------Facts: Of the 9 songs, 6 were written since I joined JPF (just over a year ago)and those same 6 were demoed in a Nashville studio. 5 full productions and 1 was a guitar/vocal demo. The other three were redone (full production) also in a Nashville studio to try to bring them up to date musically and sound wise. So what now?. We don’t know but we now have something going for us and ‘hope springs eternal’. No matter what happens, we all feel great that someone said YES. We will update as things move forward God Bless Roy, Helen and Glynda
'You Have To Kiss A Lot Of Frogs To Find A Prince'
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,083
Posts1,185,777
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|