|
6 members (texritter, CTthomas, Michael W. Brown, Guy E. Trepanier, KyleCrawford, 1 invisible),
36,364
guests, and
5,519
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/29/26 02:00 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 15
Casual Observer
|
Casual Observer
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 15 |
Wow! That's a new one on me...and I thought I had studied this genre fairly well, being a Blues singer myself. I'm not questioning it, but had always been under the impression that the Blues originated in the deep south in the cotton fields. The UK DID put the Blues on the map, though, whether earlier or later. A buddy of mine just lent me his copy of "Pink Cadillac", the history of Chess Records, and there the UK received credit for bridging-over the American public's ignorance and rejection of the Blues because of it being rooted in slave field songs. God Bless the UK for that! I've always been fascinated about all of the "off branches" that Blues has given birth to...my favorite being Electric Blues Rock. I'm in 7th heaven listening to Roy Buchanan's "Fly..Night Bird", Lonnnie Mack's "Stop", Gary Moore's "Still Got The Blues", Walter Trout's "Cry If You Want To", any of Clapton's Blues renditions...especially from "Songs From The Cradle", and The Allman Brothers...just to name a few. Just too HOT for words... I can't help but think that, no matter where the Blues really originated, it was definitely meant to be. And I'm so glad that it does exist, as it is the one genre I NEVER get tired of. My vocal range has always been in the alto/second soprano range, so I was able to pull off male-oriented Blues quite well. If you visit my personal MySpace page, I have some mp3's of some of my previous band recordings loaded in flash players. The first one to play is my rendition of The Allman Bros. arrangement of "Trouble No More". I have also performed renditions of "Whipping Post" and "House Of The Rising Sun" that have resulted in standing ovations...from the guys and gals. I've always loved the Blues because it makes me FEEL, and I'm always thrilled when I can make others feel it, too. Love this thread...thanks for the info! P.J. Robinson My Personal MySpace
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,052
Posts1,185,703
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|