So rather than be a naysayer, let me throw my suggestion into the ring.

As I've already indicated, a short term strategy is conservation, which can be stimulated through tax breaks. This might keep us going until we can get an infrastructure developed for nuclear.

Nuclear is a mid-term solution. It will free us from OPEC but estimates suggest there is only enough for a few hundred years.

I said earlier that this might see us through until fusion comes on line - but even that is a resource that will expire.

What is the ultimate solution? The sun. We will last as long as it does. The technology is a problem but it's a technological problem. It can be solved. Bottom line is that if you want a long term strategy for developing a fundamental source of energy that is inexhaustible, the sun is the obvious choice.

I know - nothing is inexhaustible - but if the sun runs out, nothing matters anyway smile

Scott