MARC-ALAN BARNETTE actually had already written a song called "Let Jesus take the wheel" long before "Jesus take the wheel" became a hit. But is was obvious from listening that the story, melody, arrangement and artistry of the song, wasn't even in the same ballpark. Once a song that good (Carrie Underwood's) is released however, a similar song doesn't stand a chance. There was a song that won song of the year or some such prize years ago called "I'm easy". I think the writer was Keith Caridine. Then about a year later, Lional Richie release "Easy" and blew the other song away. Still the progression is- from medicore to good; or from good to great but never from great to good or from good to medicore. So in the case of the idea in your song, you have to know that your song has to be BETTER than "Jesus take the wheel". I wouldn't want that kind of a challenge!


"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein