Originally Posted by Gary E. Andrews
Isn't this refreshing?
Just what I come to JPF to read and hear.
No wonder we have thousands of 'visitors' who never post anything.
Who would want to get it the middle of this fecesfest?
It 'sullies' our day to find ourselves seeing and hearing these comments.
I suggest members be Just Plain Song-Writers. Write Songs. If you want to talk about the Songs you write, post them here.
If every thread a Member is involved in turns into a contentious contest of insult and name-calling, politically incorrect, socially incorrect interaction, instead of a Song-Writing conversation, you can ignore that Member. I think you can even block them.
They continue, and bleed out into the site to 'stain' all the rest of us and the unseen visitor's experience.
Some seem to think all the rest of us are following their arguments and take a side, even by our silence. We don't. I don't.
Old man Frinnie Blackburn once told me, "Never argue with a fool. Anyone listening won't be able to tell which of you is the fool."
Songs. Song-Writing.
"It all begins with a Song."
That's the slogan of Nashville Song-Writers Association International (NSAI).
It's a good one. In those few words it explains musical acts large and small, their art getting the world's attention, often to their surprise.
Million dollar enterprises begin with a Song.
Then, what began with a Song, turns into a thread like this, because some people 'take' it that way. Choices. Decisions. Personal crises and prejudices, inclinations to 'take' it the wrong way, and feel 'justified' in defensive action.
If I were the King of the World and found the same person to be the Common Denominator in argument, contention, disruption, especially insult and name-calling, in thread after thread, I would disbar that Toxic Energy.
It would be the same in any restaurant or bar, grocery store, glee club, book club, gym, family gathering - Lookin' at you Uncle Bob! - or workplace. Behave as gentlemen and ladies, or you lose the Privilege of association, of access, of acceptance.
Needing to have this explained explains a lot.
I'm going back out of here now, to see if anyone's talking about Song-Writing on this Song-Writig website where we are 'Members' of a Song-Writing 'society' which interacts within the usual generally accepted social strictures of a society.


You should join Muse , they would appreciate a good songwriter . This site is more toxic than Hitler


We’re all built from the same dust and dreams,
Different roads, but the same means.