|
7 members (bennash, Michael W. Brown, Everett Adams, texritter, Gary E. Andrews, Guy E. Trepanier, 1 invisible),
61,162
guests, and
6,065
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,027 Likes: 100
Top 200 Poster
|
OP
Top 200 Poster
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,027 Likes: 100 |
I wanted to write a song that describes the aftermath of a breakup (or a relationship that’s emotionally over) in which the narrator keeps encountering reminders of their ex-lover in everyday life. Caught In The Afterglowhttps://soundclick.com/song/15134686[Verse] Coffee shop window, I catch your laugh again Green scarf on a stranger, it pulls me back to then Sidewalk cracks whisper your name beneath my feet Every shadow flickers, every glance repeats [Pre-chorus] I swear I’m moving forward, but I stumble, I stall City hums your echo, I feel you in it all [Chorus] I keep chasing ghosts down every avenue Your perfume, your smile, they bleed right through Passing memories I can’t outgrow Dangerously caught in the afterglow Dangerously caught in the afterglow [Verse] Subway car rattles, heartbeat in the track Your voice in a stranger’s song pulls me right back Neon lights fracture your face in passing eyes I whisper my goodbyes, but goodbye’s just a lie [Pre-chorus] I try to break the rhythm, escape the city’s hum But the music of your absence keeps me coming undone [Chorus] I keep chasing ghosts down every avenue Your perfume, your smile, they bleed right through Passing memories I can’t outgrow Dangerously caught in the afterglow Dangerously caught in the afterglow [Bridge] Four blocks away, I see you with someone new My pulse syncs to the subway, every line thinks of you I thought the night could hide me, but it glows, won’t let go Every step I take, I take it for the echo [Chorus] I keep chasing ghosts down every avenue Your perfume, your smile, they bleed right through Passing memories I can’t outgrow Dangerously caught in the afterglow Dangerously caught in the afterglow [Outro] Dangerously caught in the afterglow
Last edited by Rob B.; 12/03/25 08:46 AM.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,071
Posts1,185,744
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|