Hi Marc:

Short answer: NO! Wisdom arrives late in life and I wish I had taken up something else. Sure, it has been fun... but there is no money in making music... unless you already have the pathway paved with gold from some big outfit controlling a big share of a shrinking market.

I could have taken a job at McDonalds after retirement and saved the money after paying taxes... and had more to show for it than all my earnings after considering expenses. Heck, I could have invested a small percentage and possibly grown the proceeds into something I could donate to charity.

I consider myself a writer. I wish I had stuck with the novel... or written short stories for publication.

My perspective has evolved and now, I do what I do musically for fun and consider it an expensive hobby.

There are those among us here at JPF who possess the talent to succeed in music but it is a real gamble. You must be willing to forego all other meaningful pursuits and dedicate 100% of your time to songwriting or performing. That does not leave much for living a normal life and the pursuit of happiness.

Thanks for the reality check.

----Dave