I thought I'd jump in here as well to leave my five cents. First off - do not ever spend any money you don't have on any hobby. That's what music is to you at the moment - A Hobby. If it ever becomes more - nobody can tell. What MAB wrote is right and I fully support his words - when it comes to the Nashville scene! Other than that - no he's not right. You can't compare the music industry in Nashville to the rest of the US or even world. Outside cuts are hard to get by NO MATTER WHERE - but they are not impossible especially when looking at Asian and European markets. Advertising cuts are also very much possible - even as an outside writer. It certainly isn't easy and 99.9% or all people who try will not make it. And that's the reason why 99.9% of all people you meet will tell you not to try because they did and failed. But yet, there is this 0.1% of musicians that do break into the game - be it for advertising, film, tv or artist placements in ANY region (again - might not be possible in Nashville - but elsewhere it is).
But, to stress the fact once again - don't look at loan options for this purpose. Work hard, network hard, keep your eyes open for opportunities and only spend what you can afford. Treat it as a hobby until it is more than a hobby. I haven't spent a dime on anything other than studio equipment, built up little by little when music was a hobby. Took many causal jobs and interns at studios until I could call myself a full time music professional and I'm sure MAB's story won't sound much different.


https://tunedly.com

Contact me at chris@tunedly.com