Hi Folks,

So today is my birthday and my wife has to work the night shift so she was sleeping all day til she had to go to work. So this evening I decided to pull out some REALLY old tapes back when I started fiddling with music. With over 2000 songs recorded, it's amazing how many of them I have completely forgotten and though I certainly knew little about how to write a song back then (especially lyrics) I am shocked by how many of the songs put a smile on face. They are really poorly recorded and the ancient cassettes are so old there's bleed through on all the song (90 minute tapes with music on both sides) I have nearly 120 tapes full of songs and partial ideas. Some recorded with friends long gone from this earth, but I have gotten to spend the evening with them once again like a time machine, which music really becomes.

People get far too caught up worrying about music business... the more I learn about it all and the downside I see year after year when the joy of making music disappears and is replaced by the unhealthy pursuit of listening to experts and industry and gatekeepers all telling you to make it more palatable so they can sell your music like a commodity (a very bad word to call someone's music, but music to the ears of a corporation).

I'd never play these versions of these songs for anyone. They are flawed, not ready for prime time and immature in some cases. But there's nothing but utter JOY in all of them and I have a big smile on my face. And that was why I made the music to start with. Maybe we should all get back to that eh?

Brian


Brian Austin Whitney
Founder
Just Plain Folks
jpfolkspro@gmail.com
Skype: Brian Austin Whitney
Facebook: www.facebook.com/justplainfolks

"Don't sit around and wait for success to come to you... it doesn't know the way." -Brian Austin Whitney

"It's easier to be the bigger man when you actually are..." -Brian Austin Whitney

"Sometimes all you have to do to inspire humans to greatness is to give them a reason and opportunity to do something great." -Brian Austin Whitney