Nelson, Calvin, TC (again), Mike and David: Thanks for the additional comments. They are encouraging, helpful and supportive--everything I've come to appreciate about JPF.

Nelson: I already dialed it back and it's made a difference already. You and Vic are spot on.

Calvin: I thought I maybe had a good hook here, but was pretty certain it didn't stand out as I hoped--glad to see maybe some of it came through regardless.

TC: Thanks for stopping in again. As I'm pretty sure I won't be able to keep my concentration with a click track going, it's an extra bonus to hear someone say it's not worth the effort. I'm going to look into the drum loops (and actually have a friend that's a good drummer--maybe he can lay something down). I'd have no issues playing along with it I don't think--actually, it may even help. I, unfortunately, when it comes to percussion, have absolutely no sense of rhythm. confused

Mike: Thanks for your support re patience. You nailed the "tinny" sound of the vocal I don't like in this, but as much as I played with it, I just couldn't hit it right or capture the depth I was looking for. (Maybe because my voice is naturally tinny and piercing, particularly on the higher notes!) But your best advice is resting the ears and stepping away from it for a while. I'm going to do just that and take in all the great advice I received on this before going back to it further. Really appreciate the thoughtful input here.

David: I'm glad you liked it. The passion is there--just not the expertise. But I'll keep trying. smile

Best regards and kindest thanks to you all,

Deej