I am just doubtful about the value of a paid critique in the first place. Are they seriously going to tell us something we do not already know? Most of us know a good song from a bad song and if we are honest know exactly how good our song is and where it ranks against others. Most of us scratch our head when a bummer of a song gets undue notice or becomes a hit and when a great song goes unnoticed we ask why. So what mind boggling shaft of light are these so-called high flyer experts going to add to the mix? Your song is too different in style to what is a hit these days...... or your song is too similar too what is in fashion these days and we want something a bit different..... or simply don't give up the day job as we have the market sewn up and do not want outsiders competing with us..... so thanks for your money but no thanks for the song.
I think there is something very seedy about people asking to get paid for giving comments on a song and something a bit creepy about folk paying to hear what these moneygrabbers think. I think it a tad delusional to think that a comment from one of these people is going to make any difference to us or make us better writers or get a song placed or make any money from it.
Better to save your money, write better songs build up a fan base and get noticed so the suits have to notice you.
Just my 2 cents......but some folk genuinely think they are the best songwriter in the world and have written the next "My Way" so all logic and rational thinking goes out the window along with their cash.