Good morning, Ladies and Gentlemen (and to the bulk of the rest of you too grin ! ),

As some of you have noted in the Shout Box, Derek and I have been chatting about a new song challenge. I thought he was going to post it...but I must have misunderstood as I haven't seen anything...and unable to reach him, I've decided to take the bull by the horns, and try to stir up some muses right now!

Okay. Since everyone seemed to have so much fun with Skip's last challenge, we thought it would be fun to do something similar. However, knowing we could never replicate the zaniness of poultry and leather, we've opted to go for the "Same Title/Different Lyrics" theme, but with a more humble beginning.

So without further ado, the parameter for this challenge is as follows:

Come up with a lyric using the title "Something's Missing"

While the obvious choice for this would be some form of LOVE/PASSION (and that isn't to say DON'T use that), there are a lot of other fun options. Let me toss out a few, to get your muse juices flowing:

a wallet
Nanna
your memory
your clothes
the keys to the car
the $5000 you took to Vegas
the letter "s" on your keyboard
toilet paper
a good candidate for President (touchy!)
your two front teeth
your ability to rhyme
your muse
your sanity
your underwear
your saddles and chickens

(As you might have surmised, the idea for this stemmed from my song "Bad Sock, Good Sock"... I'll be working on a new one too, but just didn't want to wait any longer to get this one going.)

SO LET THE CHALLENGE BEGIN!!!! HAVE FUN!!!!!

Beth & Derek

P.S. For those new to the board, you've heard the parameters. Derek and I generally make some comments/perhaps nits on the entries, and others are welcome to join in the conversations. If a song seems to elicit a lot of interest and/or the author would like additional comprehensive commentary,he/she is welcome to begin a new thread for it.

We look forward to seeing what you come up with!!!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=949237

http://www.myspace.com/goldencatfish

"Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches."