Kevin
This is my testimonials..

Its really our crutch. During our production this autotune really help us a lot especially the bands who recorded the instruments live. Instead to call them to redo some minor flaw in some tracks. We just pull this plug ins and wella we hit the right notes.

Actually theres some limitations in this autotune where you cannot pull the right note especially when it is 1-2 notes higher bacause it will sounds not good and even ordinary listener will notice it.

When I learned this plug ins capability I was so dependent thinking this plugins can correct all the pitch flaw especially in one song were producing the band songwriter opted to sing the song but on the part where he deliver the hook he cannot reach the right note it so I told him its okey we can corrrect it. And I was wrong so instead recording it again we look for another vocalist that can deliver the song without using the autotune.

On my previous post what I meant is for me to go to the basics of recording where how the old sound engineer painstakingly doing it without the gadgets and during mixing from there I can lock and load with present technology can offer. Of course with certain level of limitation not to overdo the whole song.

Lynman