I do lots of 'editing' in the writing process.
I was thinking of word options in the Lines that I either, rejected or thought of later
"Of Love" Copyright August 11, 2022 by Gary E. Andrews

Verse I
You come in with the wind! You close the door behind you!
This Line was originally ad lib as;
You come in with the wind AND close the door behind you!
I think at one point it was 'shut' the door behind you!
I decided the pronoun 'you' and 'close' were better. Just a judgment call for me, the first listener.

You're trying to find a place, where the world won't find you!
I remember singing,
You're looking for a place.
But the Love-Interest Character trying to 'find' a place where SHE won't BE found was more interesting to me.

The contrasts in the opening phrases, versus the ones that follow within Lines began to naturally occur. I wasn't thinking hard to find them. The opening phrase came out, ad lib, and the second phrase had to Rhyme AND be coherent to the theme.
I've felt before that if you just tell the story in a Song, the Rhyme is there, coherent, meaningful, not 'just' a Rhyme.
You want to forget! I want to remind you, Of Love!

Verse II (The poetry of Verse II Line 1 Hooked me.)
The snow begins to fall! It keeps falling all winter!
You've been looking for the exit, every since you entered! (Another opening phrase, and natural following Line concept.)
You try to step aside! I make you the center, Of Love! (Having to land on a Rhyme may have made me tinker with the opening Line. I said 'stand' aside at one point, and 'and find out you're the center' was the original ad lib.

Bridge
You've come unwound. You're trying to rewind it! (Opening phrase 'unwound', suggested second phrase 'rewind'.)
Your Mother taught you, love is where you find it! (Your Mama 'warned' you, 'told' you, originally. Mama's advice came spontaneously, with a Rhyme. I'm repeating the Rhyme-Scheme of Verse I, the 'ind' sound. The Bridge is playing the same chords, making the Melody dangerously similar to the Verse Melody. But this is just a little 'Rhymer' Song for my own pleasure so...)
It used to bother you! Now you don't mind it, at all! (And, magically, the ad lib opening phrase enables me to land on a Rhyme in a coherent thought.)

Instrumental Bridge

Verse III (A recent experience with a girl made me realize how young she is, yet seeming to develop her philosophy of life now, as a young adult.)
You come out in the sun, unafraid of burning!
Suddenly it's fun, to feel the world is turning! (Rhymes, 'sun/fun' and 'burning/turning')
You don't know it all! You like what you're learning, Of Love! (Opening phase, totally ad lib, inspiring second phrase, with coherent meaning.)

You've come unwound. You're trying to rewind it!
Your Mother taught you, 'Love is where you find it!'
It used to bother you! Now you don't mind it, at all!

You've come unwound. You're trying to rewind it!
Your Mother taught you, 'Love is where you find it!'
It used to bother you! Now you don't mind it, at all!
(I Repeat the Bridge twice to end and it's still under two minutes.)

("Of Love" is the Refrain-Type Chorus, a single Line of Lyric and Melody ending each Verse." It is the desired or demanded Repetition supplying Structure that the listener can relate to. I conceive it as 'reporting back'; Songs 'report back' to that summary concept, the title Line, THE Hook, and that ties the rest together coherently, or...not.
Every Song is a learning experience for the next one, an 'education' for how a Song 'can' work. And Songs can work in myriad ways. That's why, despite thousands of years of Song-Writing, the possibilities have not been exhausted. As long as you keep reaching for your instruments, pen and paper, searching in your mind, there are new 'realities' to be inspired.)

There will always be another song to be written. Someone will write it. Why not you? www.garyeandrews.com