Great song guys. The tempo is definitely right. I don't think you would want this to be any slower.

Couch is wrong when he says the story isn't clear. I immediately made the connection between the name and the herb, and I think just about anyone would. The fact that you do have to make that little jump is actually quite satisfying.

As Couch suggests, you could develop the story more, but that might actually be a mistake. This is light airy kind of song. It doesn't need to be cluttered with more detail. Couch's method of writing is only one way to do it and not necessarily the best way. If you wrote this in his style, it would be less accessible and approachable and probably less enjoyable. You did enough to make me picture the scene and the woman, and that's really all the song needed to do.

The chorus is the star here. I like choruses like this which list a bunch of different things. They are fun to sing. Also, all the words in the chorus are enjoyable to pronounce. Camomile, lavender, cedarwood - these are melodious words. Add in the pleasant associations of their perfumes and you have a fun song that works on different levels. There is more to a song than the meaning and story.