Originally Posted by JAPOV
"These kids couldn't be drafted unless they sincerely believed in the dangers of climate change. Calling them "drafted" is just a way of dismissing them and their arguments without affording them the respect they deserve."

True Story: My son was in the 5th grade when Obama was running for president. He excitedly came home from school one afternoon proclaiming Obama's victory. My son had apparently participated in a mock election at school and voted for Obama. When I asked him why, he plainly stated, "Because he's black."

How many climatologists do you believe are in the world today? The fact that they’re all products of the same curriculum, and mostly from the same school, and all seem to agree is no surprise at all to me....

Tony, their curriculum was probably something to do with climate science, which is actually a pretty good basis for a career in climate science smile They are not stupid, which means that disputing their empirical findings amounts to calling them all (or 99% of them) liars. Mix in the crackpot imaginings of it all being part of a plot to control us by big government and we land with a big plop in conspiracy theory territory.

Not having had the benefit of these guys' curriculum, years of experience in the field and time to conduct research, I'm not in a position to come up with my own studies of the climate, so I have to educate myself enough to decide whether the data is credible. It is. Furthermore, much that was predicted years ago is now happening. The opposing position seems to consist mostly of shooting the messenger. As for why disputing or even mocking the arguments has somehow become a "conservative" position, I'm at a complete loss.

As for these kids, many of them will have had intensive studies on climate change in school. To an open mind, one side of the argument, based on fact, is far more compelling than the other.