Originally Posted by Michael Zaneski
Dazed and Confused was my favorite Led Zep track. Then I heard the Jake Holmes original. I am glad he finally sued and they settled out of court. Holmes would no doubt have won, had it gone to trial. Like with Spirit, he opened for them at one point and they heard the song. So there appears to be a pattern, here. Of course, a jury probably cannot have any other songs or cases brought into evidence, and the jury will be selected based on how little they know about the band.

Yes, like you my goals are to create something fresh, and I think there are countless paths that lead to that.

I don't like Led Zep when they are poppy like with D'yer M'aker and "All My Love" --I find them too thin sounding and Bonham is way over the top..give me their bluesier stuff. There's still nothing quite like "Whole Lotta Love" or like Black Dog and it's odd-metered, lead guitar turnarounds!

To me the guitar solo in Whole lotta love is the most exciting guitar solo I have heard to date. Nothing on this planet that sounds anything like it, it's bluesy but nobody quite did it like that. Its hard not to make a face melting grimmace when hearing it.