Originally Posted by Michael Zaneski
John, how would you feel if one of your more accessible solo piano pieces had an intro that someone used the exact same notes, melody, chords, rhythm..exact for almost four bars, but they add or change a couple little incidental notes...and the piece went on to make millions...

How would you feel if they were a member of this forum and you knew they probably heard your piece?

Would it be different from how you might feel if they were total strangers?

Just trying to generate some empathy for the plaintiff from you, regarding this case.

Mike

John

I want to add to the above, please don't say no one would do that cuz "my pieces are so dissonant, if they stole it would be obvious that they stole it from me because every bar of my music is fairly unique." --please avoid that. Notice I said, "one of your more accessible pieces" and that means something more common, and therefore bits and pieces used before, but not exactly how you put it together....

Then someone comes along and puts it together exactly the same way, save for an incidental note or two...and they make millions off it..

I am guessing you might be a little bitter?

Especially if you knew they listened to your stuff..

Mike

Last edited by Michael Zaneski; 06/13/19 02:29 PM.

Fate doesn't hang on a wrong or right choice
Fortune depends on the tone of your voice

-The Divine Comedy (Neil Hannon)
from the song "Songs of Love"
from the album "Casanova" (1996)