As of this date (that I post this post) SESAC is currently not taking on any new Writers/Publishers. I know this as someone asked me to introduce them as they were looking to join SESAC.

There are exceptions. The main exception is: Getting major play on your music (Radio, TV, etc).

SESAC is under new ownership so its probably why they're assessing their members and looking at who they would represent at the current time. I was told to tell said person who asked me "They should check back in a few months."

p.s. (I know this is an old thread) - Dave Rice, I'm not sure what two posts you meant to attribute to me.

p.p.s.
Originally Posted by Brian Austin Whitney
Your stuff should always be on Spotify (they have 80 million subscribers) probably Soundcloud and of course the grandaddy iTunes even if you aren't an Apple user....

Actually Brian, Spotify has already announced breaking 100 million subscribers, over 50 million are now on the paid tier. Aside from that, I do agree, have your music on all the digital services, though I don't really agree about SoundCloud, which is on the verge of death and doesn't pay royalties.

p.p.p.s. MAB is correct, they are a collection service. You have to give any PRO a reason that you need to be a part of them.

Jody Whitesides
A Funky Audio Lap Dance For Your Ears!
www.jodywhitesides.com