Protests, Eh,
Around here a lot of people use the roads and highways for their trash disposals. Probably everwhere. SO, I got the big idea to try to beautify the place a bit.

I found out about roses, got a catalog from my wife's aunt with the most beutiful red rose you had ever seen on the cover. I talked to a friend that had just moved into the neighborhood and showed him the catalog. He had a book he had bought on roses some time before. Then he found out about the American Rose Society. There are local chapters all around the country so somehow we found about them and attended the Deep South district convention.

Then we got the idea to start a local chapter. Somehow we managed to start the chapter and had about 12 members. Later we planted a rose garden at the local hospital. It was an enjoyful time. A few years later the hospital was expanding and the rose garden became a parking lot. The workers at the hospital really enjoyed the rose garden as long as it lasted. Not sure how much the rose garden helped with the liter problem but we tried! See what protests can do!
Keep plugging!!

Ray E. Strode