Originally Posted by Kevin Emmrich
Wow! This is the best demo I heard in your stable of pretty good demos (so that is saying a lot).

The soulfulness of the arrangement and the singer really brings out the emotion in this lyrics. This one sounds really, really good. I see Mike still has that classical guitar laying around.

This really is a monster song, arrangement and performance!

Well done.

Kevin

Yes I do still have it laying around smile Thanks a bunch Kev that made me smile... smile

Thanks to everyone for leaving such kind feedback on our work.
I am extremely happy that Helen & Roy are so pleased with it and are enjoying it so much. Especially Helen smile And I know it's extra rewarding to Roy to see her so happy & excited.

I know how it feels to hear your creation played back at you. And it's probably personally the most rewarding thing in the whole world, with the exception of your child staring back at you. So for me that would be my song back at me...

It originally was done very very well, but that version had the Miami Sound Machine going on. The 80's Drum machine and the infamous DX7 keyboard. The keyboard brass of the time etc...
we eliminated that problem of sounding super dated.

I dabbled with the idea of changing it around completely but wound up keeping the song in the roots that it sprung from.
The keys were to strip it down, keep it real with all real wood instruments. Then use a young sounding singer who had soul mixed with a softness. By the songs end there is Live Drums, 2 acoustics, Nylon guitar, Bass, Piano, Percussion's & lead vocal & harm yet you don't get banged over the head by it, or notice there's that much in there.

Thanks to my friend John Paladino for sitting in on drums on this one. My body wasn't having it that night smile and especially to Mi Na who really came in and stepped up big on this one. She is the singer on my song "Right Here On This Earth" and my violin player here in the studio, She's all of nineteen.

Especially thanks to Roy & Helen for sharing something special with me. People here around the studio really enjoyed your song as well. I appreciate all these great comments, I'm trying to do my best and better myself all I can. And boy do I need to do that.
As I'm typing this with my right hand my left is bouncing a drumstick off the practice pad with the metronome set at 100 bpm. smile

Thanks all
Mike

Thanks!
Peace Mike
Sub

Music & Video's & Photo's
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=482602

Demo/Production & Music Services
http://www.substudiomusic.com