I GUESS we've come a Long Way since the days when Major L.A. Producers'd listened to (Cassette) Demos on an average-size Ghetto Blaster (To mimic the Sound Quality of a Song played Over-The-Airwaves)..but I still think there's No Sense spending a LOT of money on a Demo.

Many..if not most, will get listened-to over the Producer's Car Sound System..on the way to work.

So..get a LOT of Free Feedback HERE on your songs BEFORE you spend a lot of loot Demo-ing-Away. (With any luck, you'll discover some New ARTISTS here to Write-WITH, thus greatly reducing your Demo Costs, since you got yourself a Partner, Partner!)

Me, I rather enjoy The Challenge of having a near-zero Recording Budget currently...since it forces me to pen Better Lyrics.

Marc's put it in Better Perspective: We're all competing with Multi-Millionaires for "The Big Cuts". So..heh..maybe a little less-Loot on the Demo..& a Bit More-Time..in Re-Writing?

My Guess is "Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy)" and "God is Great, Beer Is Good, & People Are Crazy" didn't NEED a Thousand-Buck Demo.

Best Wishes/Big Hugs,
Ol' Stan