Stan,

If you have a pen name that you actually use in everything, then stick with it. But if you have some made up handle that has nothing to do with who you are like XB103YTR or JoeyBulldog or FMZ6 or whatever then I think it's more productive to use a name you actually are indentified with in general. If you have no interest in being more than a hobbyist, then I guess it also doesn't matter. But why spend time networking when the folks you are networking with don't even know who you are? And why spend time trying to write or record or perform music for commercial purposes when the folks who might be interested also have no idea who you are? If you want to be Elton John, then that is fine with us as long that is who you really are going to be down the road. If you have a domain that is www.janehoward.com but your name here is littlebunnyfufu12 I think that's a bad idea if you ever want to be known as Jane Howard. That's my point in trying to covert folks.

Brian

Brian Austin Whitney
Founder
Just Plain Folks
jpfolkspro@gmail.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/justplainfolks

"Don't sit around and wait for success to come to you... it doesn't know the way." -Brian Austin Whitney

"It's easier to be the bigger man when you actually are..." -Brian Austin Whitney

"Sometimes all you have to do to inspire humans to greatness is to give them a reason and opportunity to do something great." -Brian Austin Whitney