Gavin looks like we posted same exact time, amazing how often that happens, never saw your post

Yeah it sarted out as a jam buddy. I think there used to be tapes called music minus one, and if you played piano, it would have no piano in it and youd play with the tape. Then it got more sophisticated, but I believe BIAB first started as a way to practice, cause blues and jazz music is all about being able to play with an accompaniment, not worrying so much about being playing with a creative band. Its about chops, so it worked very well in blues and jazz, cause youd be ready to step in with a band at a gig if you were well practiced.

I think its use as a songwriters tool was an afterthought, and once they realized people were using it for that, they geared their efforts into making that better as well.

One of the reasons I like the Americana was the guitar sound, some of the rhythmic strums on guitar sound like real guitars, acoustics sound a bit dull. I guess working with it and eqing might help, there is still a flatness of all the music you deal with, but it by no means sounds bad

The dynamics are a problem, if you are coming to an end of a passage or measure, you are naturally playing lower and lower up to that part, or louder and louder to that part, to reach a spot where the dyanmics are different

So one of the things Im hearing is that constantness, same volume all the way through the song, which is not how music is played

Again, not sounding bad, just not what a real band would sound like, and good for generating ideas

Last edited by Fdemetrio; 03/02/21 02:29 PM.